- The Special Events Branch does not rent equipment; please contact the Community Activity Center +1(718)630.4772
- The Special Events Branch does not sell tickets; see Tickets web page for more information.
- The Special Events Branch does not make room or park reservations. Please call the individual facilities for space rentals.
- Frequently Asked Questions
I’m a band/entertainer that would like to play in Fort Hamilton. How do I go about being considered?
- Email us at the link above! Include the name of the artist and links to your website and music page; don’t forget to include your contact information. We receive many requests to perform, so your patience in awaiting a response is appreciated. You can also mail a demo CD and contact information to:
Fort Hamilton FMWR
Attn: Special Events / Business Recreation Department
404 Sterling Drive
Brooklyn, NY 11252
I am with the press or media or would like to receive a media pass. Whom should I contact?
- Email us at the link above! Include the event name and “media request” and state the nature of your request in the message of the email (i.e. your name, company, video or still photography, and the outlet in which your photos and report will be aired or printed).
Where do I park for events on Fort Hamilton?
- Parking areas are not available to the general public. Parking is reserved for Fort Hamilton tenants.
How do I volunteer for Family & MWR Special Events?
- Volunteer opportunities will be listed in the Volunteer Management Information System at Army One Source, or you may call 718.630.4498
How do I bring a special event to Fort Hamilton?
- Please contact us for more information.
How do I get to Fort Hamilton?
- Take the R line to 95th Street, Brooklyn. Walk to 101st Street, left onto 101st Street. Walk straight into Fort Hamilton Army Post.
From Long Island and Queens
- Via Northern State Parkway, Long Island Expressway to Brooklyn Queens Expressway toward Staten Island, exit 92nd Street, make right onto 92nd Street go one block and make a left at the traffic light onto Fort Hamilton Parkway to 101st Street. Make a left into Army Base at 101st Street.
- Southern State Parkway to Belt Parkway West to Exit #2 (4th Ave./ Fort Hamilton Parkway), go to 100th Street and make a right, go one block and make another right onto Fort Hamilton Parkway to 101st Street, left turn at the dead end into the Army Base.
From Bronx and Manhattan
- (West) Major Deegan, RDR Drive Brooklyn Bridge (BQE to Verrazano, Narrows Bridge) or Brooklyn Battery Tunnel straight on the BQE to the last exit before the bridge at 92nd Street (note stay to your right, the Belt Pkwy is to the left). Turn right at traffic light onto 92nd Street, go one block to traffic light (Fort Hamilton Parkway) make a left onto Fort Hamilton Parkway continue to 101st Street, make a left into the Army Base.
From New Jersey and Staten Island
- Via Verrazano Narrows Bridge to 92nd Street exit (1st exit). Make a left onto 92nd Street, go two blocks to Fort Hamilton Parkway and make a left. Go straight to 101st Street and then make a left into the Army Base on 101st Street.
Note: Upon entering the Military Installation of Fort Hamilton at 101st Street and Fort Hamilton Parkway, you will need to check in with the Military Police on duty in the guard house. Please have your driver’s license available along with your current registration and insurance card. Please observe all installation speed limits and parking regulations. Be sure to wear your seat belt and drive safely. Spot checks are done periodically, and in that case, you will be asked to show your driver’s license, registration, and insurance Card.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
The Special Events Branch develops, coordinates, stages, and manages quality entertainment programs to include: fairs, holiday activities, concerts and much more. These programs are designed to improve the quality of life within our community. Most events/programs are open to the general public.
What the Special Events Branch does not do: