- The pool is open to Club members, DoD ID Cardholders and their guests only.
- Cash is the only form of payment accepted at the outdoor pool entrance.
- Credit cards, cash, and checks are accepted at the Community Club membership office.
- Each year, the outdoor pool typically opens for the season around Memorial Day and close for the season around Labor Day.
- Diving board
- Splash pad
- 2 lap lanes
- Pool Calendar
- Pool Pamphlet
Download a 2022 Pool Pamphlet.
- Daily Pool Passes
Categories Daily Rate Club Member $20 Club Member Guest $30 Service Connected $20 Federal Employees $25 Military Retiree/Dependent/100% $15 Retiree Dependent Child $10 Children Guest (Non Military) $15 Active Duty $5 Military Dependent $10
- Seasonal Pool Passes
Categories Seasonal Fee Active Duty Member $50 Active Duty Dependent $100 Retiree (Full Term - 20 Years with current ID) $200 Retiree Dependent (Each Family Member) $150 Disable 100% Service Connected $200 Disable 100% Service Connected Dependent $150 Disable 90% or Less Service Connected $275 Disable 90% or Less Service Connected Dependent $225
Categories Seasonal Fee DoD Civilians with a Common Access Card (CAC) $300 Veterans Affairs $300 Postal Service (USPS) $300 Additional Family Member for all Federal Employees $275
Law Enforcement / First Responders:
Categories Seasonal Fee NYPD $300 FDNY $300 Additional Family Member for all L.E/F.R. $275
Categories Seasonal Fee Primary Club Member $400 Additional Family Member $300 Children 4 to 14 years old $275
- Scuba Classes: Price Varies
- Swimming Classes: $125
- Water Aerobics: Included with Pool Membership
- Lap Swim: Included with Pool Membership
*Waiting List for Non-DoD affiliated members: Pool seasons will be available to Non-DoD affiliated members based on first come, first serve.
- Aqua Aerobics
Join us during summer season for this unique water workout! Water offers 12 times the resistance of air, while still maintaining a low-impact and near weightless environment.
- Aqua Jogging belts provided.
- Program starts during pool season.
- Open to all authorized Family & MWR users, ages 18 years and older, and ages 15 years and older, with enrolled parent or guardian.
- Pool Rules
- This Pool is open to Pass Holders and their guests. Pass Holders must show their pass and ID card before use.
- Adult Supervision: Any Pass Holder under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult guardian 18 years of age or older.
- Pass Holders and their guests must use the Pool in a safe manner.
- Dress: All patrons must wear swimsuits that are appropriate for the public appearance, no thongs, sports bras, basketball shorts, underwear, cut off's or denim shorts. All suits must be lined. Children who are not potty-trained must wear swim diapers while in the pool.
- No food or drinks allowed inside the pool area. No glass or pottery-type containers allowed in the pool area.
- Persons with skin disorders, bandages, open wounds, eye, nose or mouth discharge may be refused entrance to the facility.
- The pool will be cleared periodically to allow for safety checks.
- No running, horseplay, diving or obscene language permitted within the facility.
- Inflatable rafts, water wings/floaties, and toys are not permitted in the pool (Guidance from CDC).
- Young children may wear Coast Guard approved life vests in the pool. Children must be within arm’s reach of an adult guardian 18 years of age or older at all times.
- Prolonged underwater breath-holding is strictly prohibited.
- Lifeguards will be provided during posted hours and will have the authority to close the pool for weather or safety reasons. Pass Holders and their guests must comply with Lifeguards' instructions or face loss of use privileges.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the facility. Intoxicated patrons will be denied entry and asked to vacate the premises.
- Lifeguards will be obeyed and shall have the authority to issue guidance on anything not covered in the Pool Rules/SOP.
- Lifeguards and Management will monitor the number of residents allowed inside the pool area at any one time to stay within maximum capacity requirements. Access is granted on a first come, first served basis.
- Children 15 and under are required to take a swim test before using diving boards.
Download a 2022 Pool Calendar
Fort Hamilton Family & MWR operates an outdoor swimming pool with views overlooking the Verrazano Bridge.
Recreational pool features
Each child must pass a swim test prior to use of the slides and/or diving board. A parent or guardian must sign a waiver in order for their child to participate in the test.