|Monday||9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Sunday||9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
Engeldrum Bluff is a common green area overlooking the Narrows and Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. Space is frequently used to hold ceremonies, community events, private parties and to enjoy views of New York City. The Bluff is surrounded by the Community Club, kiosk, basketball court, and a gated playground.
Engeldrum Bluff is named in honor of Staff Sgt. Christian Engeldrum, a fallen Soldier of the 69th Infantry Regiment New York Army National Guard.
- Bluff Rentals
Item Fee Quantity Bluff $250 1 Charcoal Gril $50 Ea. 10x10 Tent $50 Ea. 6ft Table $25 Ea. Chairs $3 Ea. Bounce House $150 Ea. Refundable/Security Deposit Check $100 Ea.
For availability of the Engeldrum Bluff, call (718) 630-4771/4772
- Bluff Rental Agreement and Deposit are due 7 days AFTER a verbal reservation or it will be removed from the calendar.
- Final payment is due 3 weeks BEFORE set rental date.
- A Guest List is due 3 weeks BEFORE set rental date.
- Guest lists must be alphabetized by last name, example: Appleseed, Johnny / Doe, John.
- Non-DOD ID card holders/First responder sponsors may undergo NCIC background check.
- Military sponsors are not required to rent bluff area.
- Sponsor/Host must provide copy of ID with gate list.
- Cancellations made 14 days prior to rental will receive rental refund. Deposit will be forfeited for all cancellations.
- No refund for cancellations within 14 days of event.
- Bluff renter must assist with the setup and break down of all rented equipment.
- Rules & Regulations
All garbage and recycling must be properly disposed of in green cans, and cans must be returned to can area.
No driving on the grass.
No leaving unattended personal belongings.
No loud music, music must be played at a reasonable volume, and speakers pointed toward Lower NY Harbor.
No use of the playground.
No access past Bldg. 221 wooden fence line/no trespassing sign.
No use of garrison electrical without prior approval.
All dogs/pets must be on a leash of no more than 6 ft.
All animal waste must be picked up and disposed of.
BBQ ash must be disposed of properly in metal container marked *ASH CAN*.
BBQ grill must be cleaned with wire BBQ brush.
Event will not exceed 8 hours.
Bluff may be booked by 1 or more parties at the discretion of FMWR.
All parties must depart by 1930hrs.
Port-o-johns are cleaned and emptied once per week.
Alcoholic beverages are authorized under the following guidelines, failure to comply possible forfeiture the deposit, police will be contacted, permanent ban from using bluff:
- No liquor of any kind.
- Beer and wine only.
- No kegs.
- No glass bottles- beer must be form a can, wine must be from a box or plastic.
- No intoxicated personnel allowed.
- No person under the legal age of 21 will be allowed to serve, posses, or consume alcoholic beverages.
- Must fill out alcohol agreement.