- Bluff Rentals
Engeldrum Bluff Rental
Item Fee Quantity Bluff or Field $485 1 4ft long Charcoal Gril w/ Fire Extinguisher (Charcoal is not included) $95 Ea. Bounce House $425 (4 hrs) $75 each additional 10x10ft Tent $65 Ea. 6ft Table $25 Ea. Chairs $4 Ea. Setup / Manning Fee $175 Refundable/Security Deposit Check $300
Engeldrum Bluff (Gazebo Area Only NTE 30 Guest)
Item Fee Quantity Bluff - Gazebo Area Only (NTE 4 hrs) $200 1
4ft long Charcoal Grill w/ Fire Extinguisher (Charcoal is not included)
$95 Ea. Bounce House $525 4hrs w/ Attendent 10x10 Tent (E-Z UP $65 Ea. 6ft Table $25 Ea. Chairs $4 Ea. Refundable/Security Deposit Check $300
- Bluff/ Field Rental Agreement and Deposit are due 3 business days AFTER a Verbal reservation or it will be removed from the calendar. Final payment is due 3 weeks BEFORE set rental date. A Guest List is due 2 weeks BEFORE set rental date.
- Guest lists must include names of all attendees 18+, be typed and alphabetized by last name, example: Appleseed, Johnny Doe, John. (Please see sample HERE).
- Non-DOD ID card holders/First responder sponsors may undergo NCIC background check.
- Sponsor/Host must provide copy of ID with gate list.
- Cancellations made 14 days prior to rental will receive rental refund.
- Deposit will be forfeited for ALL cancellations.
- Bluff/Field renters must assist with the setup and break down of all rented equipment.
- * Gazebo area only gatherings are limited to 4 hrs and cannot exceed 30 guest. *
- Port-o-johns are cleaned and emptied once per week and as needed per COVID guidance/regulations.
- There will be no bluff/field facility rental fee for any Change of Commands.
- All USAG Fort Hamilton assigned units requesting the Bluff/Field for Family Day functions, require a written request from the unit Commander.
- Military units are required to police call the bluff after usage. Those units who fail to clean the bluff after usage will be banned from usage for 5 years, and Commander will be notified.
- A $300 charge will be billed to the unit Commander for any and all damage done during unit usage of bluff to include failure to clean or clear trash from bluff.
- All military units, will be required to pay fees for usage of space and all rentals.
- Rules & Regulations
- All garbage and recycling must be properly disposed of in green cans, and cans must be returned to can area. Under no circumstance should anything be poured into the storm drain.
- No littering.
- No driving on the grass for any reason.
- No leaving unattended personal belongings.
- No loud music: music must be played at a reasonable volume, and speakers pointed away from housing (Please see Music Agreement for further information).
- No use of the playground.
- No access past bldg. 221 wooden fence line/no trespassing sign.
- No use of garrison electrical without prior approval.
- All dogs/pets must be on a leash of no more than 6 ft.
- All animal waste must be picked up and disposed of.
- BBQ ash must be disposed of properly in metal container marked *ASH CAN*.
- BBQ grill must be cleaned with wire BBQ brush.
- Fire Extinguishers must be present and readily available when using BBQ grills.
- Event will not exceed 8 hours.
- Agree to abide by ALL local state and federal policies in relation to COVID-19 protocols and guidances. (Guidelines may change at anytime).
- Per DoD Memorandum Dated 04Feb2021, proper face coverings must be worn at all times. Exception to policy is for brief periods of time when ACTIVELY eating or drinking.
- Bluff may be booked by 1 or more parties at the discretion of FMWR.
- All parties must depart by 1900hrs.
Alcoholic beverages are authorized under the following guidelines, failure to comply possible forfeiture the deposit, police will be contacted, permanent ban from using bluff:
- No liquor of any kind.
- Beer and wine only.
- No kegs.
- No glass bottles- beer must be form a can, wine must be from a box or plastic.
- No intoxicated personnel allowed.
- No person under the legal age of 21 will be allowed to serve, posses, or consume alcoholic beverages.
- Must fill out alcohol agreement.
Engeldrum Bluff is a common green area overlooking the Narrows and Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. Space is frequently used to hold ceremonies, community events, private parties and to enjoy views of New York City. The Bluff is surrounded by the Community Club, kiosk, basketball court, and a gated playground.
Engeldrum Bluff is named in honor of Staff Sgt. Christian Engeldrum, a fallen Soldier of the 69th Infantry Regiment New York Army National Guard.