- Background Check
Per Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12, all visitors and uncleared contractors desiring access to Fort Hamilton must be vetted through the National Crime Information Center Interstate Identification Index. NCIC III is the Army’s baseline background check for entrance onto Army installations for Non-Common Access Card (CAC) holders.
This background check is required for all visitors to the installation ages 18 and above who want unescorted access to post. Personnel under the age of 18 will not have an NCIC-III check conducted.
The installation commander will, in the absence of an approved waiver, deny pass cards for uncleared contractors, subcontractors and visitors based on the results of the NCIC III check that contains credible derogatory information indicating the individual may present a threat to good order, discipline, or health and safety on the installation.
Derogatory information includes, but is not limited to:
- Criminal arrest information about the individual that causes the garrison commander to determine that the individual presents a potential threat to the good order, discipline, or health and safety on the installation.
- The installation is unable to verify the individual’s claimed identity based on the reasonable belief that the individual has submitted fraudulent information concerning his or her identity in the attempt to gain access.
- The individual has a current arrest warrant in NCIC, regardless of the offense or violation.
- The individual is currently barred from entry or access to a federal installation of the facility.
- The individual has been convicted of crimes encompassing sexual assault, armed robbery, rape, child molestation, production or possession of child pornography trafficking in humans, drug possession with the intent to sell or drug distribution.
- The individual has a US conviction for espionage, sabotage, treason, terrorism or murder.
- The individual is a registered sex offender.
- The individual has a felony conviction within the past ten years, regardless of the offense or violation.
- The individual has been convicted of a felony firearms or explosives violation.
- The individual has engaged in acts or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. government by force.
- The individual is identified in the Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB) as known to be or suspected of being a terrorist or belonging to an organization with known links to terrorism or support of terrorist activity.
- Who Needs a Pass
- All adults who do not have a DoD-approved identification card.
- All vehicle drivers who are 16 or 17 years of age.
- Veterans who do not have a DoD-approved identification card. The V.A. issued identification card no longer meets the criteria for installation access.
If you have a question about whether or not you need a pass card or background check to gain access to Fort Hamilton, call the Fort Hamilton Community Club Manager at 718-765-7368 or The Roll & Brew 'Bowling & Entertainment Center' Manager at 718-630-4440.